Best European Cars (Part 1)
Since we focus on European vehicles here at German Auto Tech, I thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of some of the best European cars that your money can buy. This will be a two part article, so here in Part 1 I’ll go over some of the more expensive options available, and then next week in Part 2 I’ll go over some cars for those with smaller budgets. For the sake of simplicity, all the vehicles listed here in Part 1 will be from the 2010/2011 model year.
- Porsche Boxster. Of the cars rated by Consumer Reports, the Boxster is is one of the best. This rear-wheel-drive luxury vehicle boasts a 255 horse power engine, or even more (320 HP) if you upgrade. For all of that power you would think it would guzzle gas like an SUV, yet it averages 19 MPG in the city, and 27 on the highway. It also comes with a standard blue-tooth and MP3 interface, which your student is sure to love.
- BMW M3. The M3 is especially fun to drive since it has a 4.0L v8 engine. With all of that power it can go from 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, but don’t let that scare you off – the BMW M3 is also know for safety. It comes with front, and full length side curtain airbags. It’s braking system is also among the best ever tested, coming to a full stop from 60 to 0 in just 100 feet.
- Mercedes E-Class E350. This particular Mercedes model comes with a 3.5L v6 engine that averages 17 MPG in the city and 26 MPG on the highway. The safety features include front and rear head airbags, as well as dual side mounted airbags. It also has a bluetooth wireless data link to allow for hands free phone conversations.
- BMW 328i. Edmunds calls it, “the best entry level luxury sedan you can buy.” The BMW 328i, which has a 3.0L 6 cylinder engine, is also among the highest rated by consumer reports. It comes from the factory with run-flat tires, and comes standard with all of the necessary airbags that one would expect from BMW. Personally, my favorite part about the 328i is that it is also available with a diesel engine.
- Mercedes ML320. Although they are made by Mercedes, the M-class is actually assembled in Alabama. This particular SUV has a 3.0L v6 turbo-diesel engine that averages 22 MPG. In fact, its clean diesel technology is so Green even the Californians put up with it! It comes with all of the standard safety features that you would expect, and has been especially lauded for its braking system.
Hopefully if you are in the market for a slightly used car then this short list will give you a good starting point in your vehicle search.
Remember, if your European car is ever in need of service or repair then you can call us at 901-492-1095, or send us an email. We offer the best service and the best warranty in the Memphis area, and we have the reviews to prove it. Also, please consider signing up for our newsletter so you can receive more helpful hints and special deals.